Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Portal Portal   Search the forums Search   Frequently Asked Questions FAQ   View member list Member List   Staff Staff List   View Topic Activity Topic Activity   Forum Stats Stats   Board Rules Board Rules   Downloads Downloads
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: waypoints yikes
PREDATOR-53rd
Corporal

[*] posted on 27-1-07 at 03:06
waypoints yikes

ok i have played maps in joe ic4 where lettered psp's are used to redirect waypoint and they don't direct you back to the beginning after you die they direct you in the right direction forward lol does anyone know or can you tell me how this is done. and what type of editor is used to do it med or nile?
I'm new to JO and nile.

thanks GoldenEagleLST

a short or small tut would be nice learn faster that way :) example map Eagle_Eye buddy your good at that :)
Eagle_Eye
Owner/Admin

Mood: Grey, not stupid!

[*] posted on 27-1-07 at 09:43

Well, Nova Used the Med for all it's Coops, and Nile for it's team Games..

Not really sure what you mean...direct you back to the beginning..

Usually, if I choose a spawn, I have to adjust my waypoints with the F7 key..

You'll be pleased to know that Iceman and I are getting back into making some real missions for a change..just using JO:E at the moment, after the first 2, we'll be going on to IC:4

EE

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
PREDATOR-53rd
Corporal

[*] posted on 27-1-07 at 10:06

well what I mean is when you start in the maps we have been playing the waypoint leads to a psp with a letter above it (a) (b) ect. once you reach this next psp it redirects you to the next psp and if you get killed you don't need to hit f7 to find the next waypoint your suppose to go to it continues to direct you to the next un-taken psp. trying to figure out how they did this, without having to hit the f7 to find your last waypoint before death.
I have tried all kinds of methods to get the waypoints to direct you to the next waypoint ahead of you when you get killed not direct you back to the first one clear back at the beginning. tried vaporizing waypoints after the have been triggered and the redirect in events and nothing has worked so far still directs you to beginning waypoint. and have to hit f7 to find your way back to where you died.
I'll try to find the map we played to show you the difference in what they did.

I'm extremely glad to see you are coming to IC4 please send me your new maps so I can post them in our download section YEEHAW.
privateSAS
Corporal

Mood: Stressed

[*] posted on 27-1-07 at 18:49

Think, its events....
Show and Hide waypoints...
Same as in some Black Hawk Down SPs, where it doesnt show you the next waypoint, untill you do the objective there.

http://www.dfreload.com/sigs/doc_bar.gif

View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Eagle_Eye
Owner/Admin

Mood: Grey, not stupid!

[*] posted on 27-1-07 at 19:34

OK, are we talking the blue and red team thingys in the corner of the map, that point to the next LFP?

Not the actual Blue player waypoints?

If so, then you may need to place LFP's, not PSP's..

EE

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
PREDATOR-53rd
Corporal

[*] posted on 28-1-07 at 12:40

Thank both for your quick responses, I will try them both to see what the end result will be again Thank you very much

Respectfully
GoldenEagleLST

Go To Top