Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Portal Portal   Search the forums Search   Frequently Asked Questions FAQ   View member list Member List   Staff Staff List   View Topic Activity Topic Activity   Forum Stats Stats   Board Rules Board Rules   Downloads Downloads
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: DFTFD on windows 10
CFactor0*NAA*
Private

[*] posted on 3-8-16 at 16:54
DFTFD on windows 10

Hi,
Has anyone had any joy installing DFTFD with all the mods (exp etc) on windows 10?
The eXP installer crashes as you'll see from the log:
FwO Raven's DF Mod Installer
Log Created On Wednesday The 03 Of August At 17:28:03
Adding !1stlook.trn To C:Program Files (x86)NovaLogicDelta Force Task Force Daggersmall.pff
Deleting Temporary File ( !1stlook.trn )
Adding !airport.trn To C:Program Files (x86)NovaLogicDelta Force Task Force Daggersmall.pff
Deleting Temporary File ( !airport.trn )
Adding !arm.trn To C:Program Files (x86)NovaLogicDelta Force Task Force Daggersmall.pff
Deleting Temporary File ( !arm.trn )
Adding !bal.trn To C:Program Files (x86)NovaLogicDelta Force Task Force Daggersmall.pff
Deleting Temporary File ( !bal.trn )
Adding !desp.trn To C:Program Files (x86)NovaLogicDelta Force Task Force Daggersmall.pff
Deleting Temporary File ( !desp.trn )
Adding !dt.trn To C:Program Files (x86)NovaLogicDelta Force Task Force Daggersmall.pff
Deleting Temporary File ( !dt.trn )
Adding !helens.trn To C:Program Files (x86)NovaLogicDelta Force Task Force Daggersmall.pff
Deleting Temporary File ( !helens.trn )
Adding !loa5.trn To C:Program Files (x86)NovaLogicDelta Force Task Force Daggersmall.pff
Deleting Temporary File ( !loa5.trn )
Adding !sl2001.trn To C:Program Files (x86)NovaLogicDelta Force Task Force Daggersmall.pff
Deleting Temporary File ( !sl2001.trn )
Adding !subzero.trn To C:Program Files (x86)NovaLogicDelta Force Task Force Daggersmall.pff
Deleting Temporary File ( !subzero.trn )
Adding !trias.trn To C:Program Files (x86)NovaLogicDelta Force Task Force Daggersmall.pff
Deleting Temporary File ( !trias.trn )
Adding !trock.trn To C:Program Files (x86)NovaLogicDelta Force Task Force Daggersmall.pff
Deleting Temporary File ( !trock.trn )
Converting 1stlook_c.jpg To 1stlook_c.tga1stlook_c.tga

CU on the fields

CF0
2DNED
Private

[*] posted on 3-8-16 at 19:32

i tried to replicate on Win7 and had the same problem.

Try this, make a new folder on your desk top. Upzip the exptfd.exe into new folder, copy the 157 files into your TFD folder C:/ programs.../Novalogic/Task Force Dagger

This worked for me
TedSmelly
DFR Mod Team

Mood: Alive and loving it

[*] posted on 4-8-16 at 08:40

Maybe when you have TFD loaded and working, you should make another installer for it.

Does TFD load correctly if you install it from the 10th anniversary pack. It would stink badly if it didn't.
CFactor0*NAA*
Private

[*] posted on 5-8-16 at 12:11

I have it working.
When I did the straight copy of the tfd folder from win7 pro the game ran but no tags working at all.
Here is what I did.
1) download electronic copy of the game (it will already have the no cd patch and update in it)
2) make a copy of the win 7 pro TFD folder onto a usb
3) Fresh install on the win 10 machine using the electronic version.
4) copy and replace all the files in the win 10 TFD folder with the files from the usb with THE EXCEPTION OF THE GAME EXE FILES- DO NOT REPLACE THE GAME EXE FILE!

This worked fine for me.

Cu on the fields

CF0
CFactor0*NAA*
Private

[*] posted on 5-8-16 at 12:15

Quote:
Originally posted by TedSmelly
Maybe when you have TFD loaded and working, you should make another installer for it.

If I had even the slightest idea how to make a new installer I would try it. Any tips?

Quote:
Does TFD load correctly if you install it from the 10th anniversary pack. It would stink badly if it didn't.

I used an electronic version of the game for the windows 10 install. It already has the no cd and update.

Cu on the fields

CF0

Go To Top