Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Portal Portal   Search the forums Search   Frequently Asked Questions FAQ   View member list Member List   Staff Staff List   View Topic Activity Topic Activity   Forum Stats Stats   Board Rules Board Rules   Downloads Downloads
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Godfathers site is gone
myguitar
Private

[*] posted on 26-10-12 at 05:02
Godfathers site is gone

Can not use the 6.5 version...no way to purchase it since there is no more site.
Is there any kind of way around this situation.
I really would like this program.
Wolfseye
Private

[*] posted on 26-10-12 at 15:38

Oldman pretty much screwed all the people who bought his tool. Something that was to be expected, considering how the switch from NLH being a free program back then, to a retail one while automatically disabling the good previous Versions. I said it back then and I say it now again, as handy as NLH was, the way it was (obviously) transformed into a retail program, it was so not worth the money.

Oh I know, I will most likely get a lot of crap for what I said, and no, I didn't say it was a bad program, but its programmer obviously planned to make it retail at some point (without letting people know that up front). Honestly, if I were to make another map, I would rather stay without that tool than paying for it.

My oppinion, though its OT. I hope you can get around using this tool and still make nice maps. ;) Like many people did before, without NLH.
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Josh26Indy
Corporal

[*] posted on 26-10-12 at 16:45

I have a version 8.1.0.0... If you want it let me know.

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu228/Josh26Indy/concept1-1.jpg
jabo1SFH
Corporal

[*] posted on 26-10-12 at 21:16

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfseye
Oldman pretty much screwed all the people who bought his tool. Something that was to be expected, considering how the switch from NLH being a free program back then, to a retail one while automatically disabling the good previous Versions. I said it back then and I say it now again, as handy as NLH was, the way it was (obviously) transformed into a retail program, it was so not worth the money.

Oh I know, I will most likely get a lot of crap for what I said, and no, I didn't say it was a bad program, but its programmer obviously planned to make it retail at some point (without letting people know that up front). Honestly, if I were to make another map, I would rather stay without that tool than paying for it.

My oppinion, though its OT. I hope you can get around using this tool and still make nice maps. ;) Like many people did before, without NLH.

no worries bro. i was very vocal and outspoken of this same issue.

anyway...use the med. editor. no need for nlh with med.

:P

http://www.soldiersfromhell.net/sfh%20images/gogeta.gif
Godfather
Super Administrator

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-10-12 at 21:42

http://nile.dfreload.com/index.php?act=home

The site is still there.
LoneWolf
Private

Mood: Get-R-Done

[*] posted on 26-10-12 at 21:48

Like Jabo said use med editor, that doesn't cost anything. I think that was a big rip-off anyway having to pay for NLH, just a quick way to get funds in my opinion,but now that's just me.

Wolfseye
Private

[*] posted on 26-10-12 at 21:55

Quote:
Originally posted by LoneWolf
but now that's just me.

Trust me, its not just you. And even if the site is still there, since the whole, and I call it that, "scam[/i[" was not Godfather's doing but Oldman's.

However, supporting a scam with giving that person a place to do that isn't that much better. Sorry for being so blunt but thats how I think.

@Godfather: Wasn't ment to offend.
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
myguitar
Private

[*] posted on 27-10-12 at 01:43

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh26Indy
I have a version 8.1.0.0... If you want it let me know.

Yes I would... Thank you.
Josh26Indy
Corporal

[*] posted on 27-10-12 at 11:26

No probs MyGuitar... the trick to unlock this program is in the Registry. Ill get it installed on another computer tonight to get the exact files gathered and modified to send to you.

Do you have Joint Ops Typhoon Rising... Or do you have Joint Operations Combined Arms?

This will make a difference on what i need to do...

myguitar
Private

[*] posted on 28-10-12 at 01:08

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh26Indy
No probs MyGuitar... the trick to unlock this program is in the Registry. Ill get it installed on another computer tonight to get the exact files gathered and modified to send to you.

Do you have Joint Ops Typhoon Rising... Or do you have Joint Operations Combined Arms?

This will make a difference on what i need to do...

i have jotr/with escalation.
Josh26Indy
Corporal

[*] posted on 28-10-12 at 04:54

Excellent... I have a thing to go to tonight. But i should have it by tomorrow evening.

$!L3NT_J
Private

[*] posted on 7-7-13 at 01:05

I use the med, but I got some friends, cousins, and other family members who would like to use nlh8. NILE is easier for them. How do I unlock this program in the registry? Does it work for Joint Ops Combined Arms Gold?
GenElec
Private

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-12-13 at 20:47

I was one of the mods at the site, but things became weired as soon as they started to try to make the NLH a pay-for-software.
I was really pi.. when I wanted to work on one map on a 1st of january ( donīt remember which year) and the NLH had stopped working because of a preprogrammed schedule.
Since that time I did not use any follow up versions because I do not trust oldman in that regard, he often mentioned that he wanted full control of the user etc.
Also godfather started to change this forum and build in new functions to be able to fully control any registered user like in a Stasi system.
Then oldman started pissing off anyone who would say something that he didntīt like and godfather would then kick the poor guy out - maybe hoping for the big business with oldman.
He told people taht he needed the money to buy C++ development software, which was a lie, because the studio edition he used at that time was free software.
Since both are louse businessmen they never made the big buck. All they did was upsetting user, staff and even customers who paid for this half-beaked tool.
I told godfather that oldman would chase away anyone because of his very unpolite and often unfair behaviour against anyone who appeared to have some knowledge about NILE or the game itself.
GettinBetter was the first to leave the staff. Oldman knew anything always better. Even if he was wrong.
I still run a small blog at: http://xmaps.wordpress.com and I have my old websites with maps at : http://artxchanger.com where you can find most of my maps. But this website will go offline in 2014, since I will not be able to maintain all my projects and this one costs me money and time, which I do not have that much right now.
If you find any interesting files there go and dl them to your platform, it may all be gone in a few weeks.
I have spend around 1 year 24/7 making maps and free tools for JO, such as a tool that will allow you to regulate the rapid fire RPGs in any map even if it wasnīt made by you, or a tool that will convert reality maps into IC maps. I also made a map generator tool, the project was never really finsihed. it worked but due to a harddisk crash I lost the source code and so it will never be released.
After some arguments with oldman, who said something wrong in forum and then pissed off anyone who tried to clear the situation, I lost moderator status and therefore deleted my account and never came back again.
The good times were when , GF, GettinBetter, Brad G. and me were very active in the old forum and oldman was just a user. He is the one who brought down the whole projetc with his strange and anti-social behaviour and communication.
I shared the Reality team lateron, where I remet with gettinBetter and some others, who are REALLY nice and ethusiatic guys, made a couple of - if not my best - maps for Reality but as you know interest in JO declined and the userbase became to small for another Reality version to be finished.
So this is my view on how the godfather website/project came down. Two amateurs teaming up and trying to make the big buck failed, because at least one of the is a complete psychopath. And that for sure is oldman. Oldman had admin rights, passwords etc. at the end of the project, he was able to read PMs and control everything.
I think he also read my PMs to GF, where I complained about him.
I am not really certain who brought down the website, the wiki, the forum, the file database and all. maybe it was even him and not GF.
Godfather - it just came like I told you: This brainsick old man has finally torn all your work for JO in pieces. You should have listened, people told you, but you were to weak.
A lot of users, mods and others have put their time and effort in building up something that now is in digital dustbin at best. Puff puff, it is all gone. Hours and days of works for tutorials maps and stuff just burned to ashes.
Thank you mighty godfather. What a great result!
grenadier501
Private

[*] posted on 19-12-13 at 02:22

too bad, that wac wiki http://nile.dfreload.com/wiki/index.php helped me a lot when i was an active mapper, and it sure helped more people..
this site is still online http://nile.dfreload.com/index.php?act=home

Go To Top