Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Portal Portal   Search the forums Search   Frequently Asked Questions FAQ   View member list Member List   Staff Staff List   View Topic Activity Topic Activity   Forum Stats Stats   Board Rules Board Rules   Downloads Downloads
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: IC - Vehicles will not shoot back. AI refuse to use gun.
elomolom
Private

[*] posted on 22-2-12 at 09:09
IC - Vehicles will not shoot back. AI refuse to use gun.

I do not know what has happened, but suddenly all the AIs that I have set up to enter vehicles just sits, but does not use the gun.

It did work properly before, but not now. I have three AIs entering a Desert Superpuma and three AIs entering a Desert BTR. Whenever they are in the vehicle, they are just driving and I think all the others is in the passenger seats, not the gun. I tried to switch out a vehicle against an T80 Tank. Only 2 seats in those and only 1 person did enter the vehicle. I tried the ssnuse command and when I did that I got a SYSDUMP.txt.

What is wrong?:? This have never happened to me before. All other guns etc is working, but not vehicles with guns. Help will be appreicated. Thanks and sorry for my English.
CybeR_SoldieR
Private

Mood: Dont give a crap!

[*] posted on 22-2-12 at 14:36

Are all the Ai set to the same team? they need to be set to team 2 if you want them to shoot you , also try the ssn2ssn command instead of ssnuse.
coopwarriors
Corporal

Mood: good

[*] posted on 22-2-12 at 20:28

try this for sample
look at the vihicle social security number
when you have it then press all 3 ore 4 Ai and gif him the same social security number as the vihicle. the Ai waypiont list need to be this goto ssn ( any ) :A
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Godfather
Super Administrator

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-2-12 at 21:25

Also try setting the vehicles to team 2
elomolom
Private

[*] posted on 22-2-12 at 23:28

Quote:
Originally posted by CybeR_SoldieR
Are all the Ai set to the same team? they need to be set to team 2 if you want them to shoot you , also try the ssn2ssn command instead of ssnuse.

AI is team 2. I used the ssn2ssn command. I just tried the ssnuse when they didn't use the vehicle gun.

Quote:
Originally posted by coopwarriors
try this for sample
look at the vihicle social security number
when you have it then press all 3 ore 4 Ai and gif him the same social security number as the vihicle. the Ai waypiont list need to be this goto ssn ( any ) :A

I don't fully understand what you mean. I have this setup in my wac.

if ontick(15) and never then
ssn2ssn(1369,66904) //BTR SOLDIERS
ssn2ssn(1370,66904)
ssn2ssn(1371,66904)
endif

if chain(15) and never then
ssntowp(66904,1) //BTR1
ssncspd(66904,48) //speed
ssnpspd(66904,48)
endif

Quote:
Originally posted by Godfather
Also try setting the vehicles to team 2

All Vehicles is team 2. =/

Thank you all for your answers. I thought this forum was a bit dead, but you all proved me wrong! :)

I hope this problem is solvable. Maybe I should demonstrate the problem with a video? I am afraid that this is a error caused by something else in the map. That would be a pain in the ass. :(
coopwarriors
Corporal

Mood: good

[*] posted on 23-2-12 at 02:50

a you use nile then i cant help you sorry i use med
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
CybeR_SoldieR
Private

[*] posted on 23-2-12 at 06:05

What version of nile are you using?
elomolom
Private

[*] posted on 23-2-12 at 15:00

I use Nile version 0.86.

When I create a new map then it works perfectly, but not at this map. So it must be something in the map. Wish I knew what it was.
elomolom
Private

[*] posted on 23-2-12 at 16:46

I have:

82 person
766 static
61 dynamic
16 vehicle
49 marker
14 sound marker
6 LFP
0 Effects
14 waypoint list
47 waypoints
0 Tiles

Different Object types

9 Person
77 static
17 Dynamic
6 Vehicle
3 Marker
1 Soundmarker
1 LFP

110 visual objects total

So I tested with deleting many AIs, waypoint lists and some 50cals. Then the AIs could use the vehicle guns again.

But I do not want to delete like half of my map just to get it to work. Isn't it some other way? On my other maps I have so much more objects, different objects and persons and it worked like a charm. Please help me. :(
elomolom
Private

[*] posted on 23-2-12 at 17:58

So now I have solved the problem. What I did was just delete 10 S&D weapon crates red glow and one steel wall (12). Strange things happens to me. I bet no one knows the answer to this one. But would be glad if someone has a clue. Thank you. :cool:
CybeR_SoldieR
Private

[*] posted on 23-2-12 at 21:26

Thats probabley your problem, the version 0.86 is a beta version from nova and nova has never updated nile sinice ( dont be suprised if your knew maps come across the same problem).
If you like maping using nile do yourself a favour and buy yourself a copy of niles little helper from oldman which will update your nile to version 1.6 plus it makes maping a breeze and will makes nile work like it should (stop it crashing etc etc) . Its only about $20 but if you like mapping its worth it. if your would like to sort your map out you could always post the unfinished map in this thread for others to have a look at to help you out if you like!.
elomolom
Private

[*] posted on 23-2-12 at 23:11

I have bought NLH a long time ago. Well, I recently updated now to 1.6, but the reason I did not do that at first is because of an even stranger bug I had with 1.6. I could not see 3D objects with 1.6, but not it works again.

Anyway, the problem persists even with Nile 1,6. I cannot have more then 4 S&D stack of weapon crates red glow, then the AI will NOT use the vehicle guns. If I even put one more out, the problem will appear. But I can place other things though. I am going to place some crates with blue glow instead and see if I can get around the problem like that. I hate this kinda bugs.... :(

Like I said. I have never had this problem before. I have made two very big custom buildings with windows using fog layer etc. But that shouldn't be a problem either. I have made bigger maps with a lot more custom buildings almost maxing Nile out.
elomolom
Private

[*] posted on 23-2-12 at 23:18

Same with the crates with blue glow. I place one out, they will not use the vehicle guns.

Edit: It seems I cannot place out more S&D objects. I have like 45 S&D. Too much? Confused... :?

Edit2: When I removed the custom building with windows, the problem disappeared completely. Now I can place how many weapon crates I want. Strange, but removing the building is not an option though. It took me several days to make. :(

Edit3: Now I have narrowed down the problem even more. When I removed all the fog mist layers which I used as the windows, the problem disappeared. The fog mist layers was the problem. Maybe I have too many. It is Fog_mist_volume 10x10x10_heavy and about 15 of those above the ground.

Even though.... strange

Edit4: For every fog mist layer I delete I can place 4 S&D crates.
elomolom
Private

[*] posted on 27-2-12 at 08:08

*bump*, can anyone explain this problem? :?
CybeR_SoldieR
Private

[*] posted on 27-2-12 at 10:39

I have found with some of my maps that if i place to many s&d objects that strange things would happend like some of them vanishing (though i never had the gun problem) when the map was hosted online but not on lan which sux if you rely on them to fininsh the map.

What are follow values of your map?
VB Memory
IB Memory
Texture Memory
Total Memory .
elomolom
Private

[*] posted on 28-2-12 at 02:30

How can I check the values of my map? I forgot. :(
CybeR_SoldieR
Private

[*] posted on 28-2-12 at 15:57

Double click the bottom right hand corner of the nile window where it says select objects, same place it tells you how many Ai and markers etc etc you have in your map.
elomolom
Private

[*] posted on 28-2-12 at 22:32

Thanks! The following values of my map are:

VB Memory : 14,084,064
IB Memory : 1,097,370
Texture Memory : 74,457,444
Total Memory : 89,638,778
Godfather
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 28-2-12 at 22:40

texture memory is a bit high, could be the cause of your problem.

Have you tried a different vehicle and or Ai to see if it makes any difference. Also have you placed your AI on red alert status?
CybeR_SoldieR
Private

[*] posted on 29-2-12 at 07:42

As Godfather said your texture memory is abit high and could be causing you probs, it should be kept around 60,00,000.
I know it sux because you may have to remove some items from your map but thats nile for you.
elomolom
Private

[*] posted on 3-3-12 at 04:04

So I deleted some of my visual objects. Now it seem to work very well. Thank you very much Godfather and CybeR_SoldieR!

Strange though. I remember having 79 million texture memory on another map and it worked. It was like 112 visual objects. Strange. Maybe I will stick to just making small maps. Big maps is a pain in the ass to make if you use much different visual objects. xD
Godfather
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-3-12 at 21:07

it's not just the size, but also how many you have in a small area. Sometimes just spreading this out also helps. On a side note I have had a map that was over 92m and ran fine and another that bombed at 48m. But as CybeR_SoldieR mentioned, try to keep it under 60m texture.
elomolom
Private

[*] posted on 5-3-12 at 02:15

I know it is just not the size. But it is a fact that the bigger maps you make the more problems you will encounter. Anyway, it seems I wanted to bite off more than I could chew so I decided to split my map into 2 parts. Seems like it would be the better choice. Thanks again for your help!

Go To Top