Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Portal Portal   Search the forums Search   Frequently Asked Questions FAQ   View member list Member List   Staff Staff List   View Topic Activity Topic Activity   Forum Stats Stats   Board Rules Board Rules   Downloads Downloads
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: AI Specific Vehicle Position?
AKMARK5000
Corporal

[*] posted on 22-9-11 at 12:40
AI Specific Vehicle Position?

I need to know if AI can be assigned to a specific position within a vehicle.

Example; a Black-hawk has 10 possible positions. I want to assign 2 civilians not to fill the driver seat (position 1) or gunner seats (positions 3 and 4), which I have accomplished. However, the civilians fill the co-pilot seat (position 2) and one of the side seats (positions 5-8) where the door is open. I want them seated in the back (positions 9 and 10).

I have searched all over the website with no results. But I vaguely remember reading about it some time ago. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z13/shifty421/Sigs/Mark-5-Sig-22.gif
RickmanBR
Private

Mood: Hopeful

[*] posted on 23-9-11 at 02:51

Quote:
Mensagem original enviada por AKMARK5000
I need to know if AI can be assigned to a specific position within a vehicle.

Example; a Black-hawk has 10 possible positions. I want to assign 2 civilians not to fill the driver seat (position 1) or gunner seats (positions 3 and 4), which I have accomplished. However, the civilians fill the co-pilot seat (position 2) and one of the side seats (positions 5-8) where the door is open. I want them seated in the back (positions 9 and 10).

I have searched all over the website with no results. But I vaguely remember reading about it some time ago. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks.

Yes! I understand what you want, the waypoint 123, look for the first vacant site, the order number if you want them (civilians bots) to take the last two places (9.10) in black hawk, you must create a trick (based on logic), he'll use: 5 AIs.

I'm guessing that black hawk will come from a place far away, and retrieve the civilians (neutral team).

for you, which is the User: MED, will indicate the trick as simple;

1 - Add 5 new AIs on the map, near the Black Hawk and pilot;
2 - let "one" of these AIs, a little further away from the black hawk (it will be the trigger man),is important that the "trigger man" is the last to enter the helicopter, among 5 AIs extra.;
3 - create a group, and later add the extra 5 AIs;
4 - start events, redirect the group to the black hawk using wp123 (not the driver, gunner);

THEN [Actions]

(0) Redirect group extra AI to waypoint 123-black hawk

5 - Create the following condition in the WAC:

if ssnonssn(trigger man,black hawk) and elapse(10) then
hidessn(extra AI 1)
hidessn(extra AI 2)
hidessn(extra AI 3)
hidessn(extra AI 4)
hidessn(extra AI 5 trigger man)
endif

This will cause them to be invisible but taking the first 5 positions to ride, and civilians will take the seats 9 and 10, directly.

6 - after the helicopter is in position for the rescue, it is obvious that you will use also to civilians wp 123, then to do it: just use the condition MED: "SSN on top of SSN"

if [triggers]

(0) SSN civilian 1 on top of SSN black hawk and
(1) SSN civilian 2 on top of SSN black hawk

THEN [Actions]

(0) Vaporize group extra AI

the result is this:

notice the HUD (helicopter / positions), before and after, in the case of video, I changed the civilians for blue team, just to have access to places.

I have not tested completely on the dedicated mode, but I believe that based on theory and behavior of the engine JointOps, it will operate normally.

Note: Hold the trigger hidessn, running for at least 10 to 10 seconds, this will prevent players (join player) that connect (minutes after the map started), view the AIs, which should be invisible.

if you want to reuse as 5 AIs extra, they just teleport to another place, and redirects them to the waypont of your choice or use null (0) to "none" waypoint, and made them (unhidessn).

this trick can also be converted whole, in writing WAC.

I hope I have helped!

if someone has another solution, please share with us!;)

View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
AKMARK5000
Corporal

[*] posted on 23-9-11 at 06:27

I did some experimenting off Rickman's idea and found a little easier way to do the same approximate thing... all within the MED! So here is what I did:

1. Create a Blackhawk crew of 4 pilots and make them a group (say group15) who will fill positions 1,2,3,4 and set their properties to be blind, guarding and yellow alert status. Assign group15 as wp125; ssn of the Blackhawk.

2. Create a MED event that will change the group to not blind, not guarding and set the event to a 30 second delay if any blue team members are alive.

3. Create a second Blackhawk crew of 4 extra pilots that will fill positions 5,6,7,8. Make this a group (group16). Set their properties to be blind, guarding and yellow alert status. Assign group16 as wp125; ssn of the Blackhawk.

4. Create another MED event that will change the group to not blind, not guarding and set the event to a 32 second delay if any blue team members are alive.

5. Create another group17 made up of 2 civilians that will fill positions 9, 10. Create another MED event that will change the group to not blind, not guarding and set the event to a 34 second delay if any blue team members are alive.

6. Last, create an event that will vaporize group16 and set the event to a 36 second delay.

AKMARK5000
Corporal

[*] posted on 23-9-11 at 07:35

My way is not better, it is just different.

I am using my method and admit it is awkward, but if it is timed just right the players will not see any AI enter the Blackhawk or group16 vaporize... in the end the players have 4 available seats.

Go To Top