Subject: Tip/Trick - How to play JO, ICE, etc. in one window or multiple Windows on same computer
Member Is Offline
posted on 20-9-11 at 16:34
Tip/Trick - How to play JO, ICE, etc. in one window or multiple Windows on same computer
This comes in handy when you need to keep any eye on any other windows while you play.
1) Right click on the JO Icon in your Windows Start menu or the JO Shortcut on your desktop
2) Select the "Properties" menu option
3) Click on the "Shortcut" tab
4) Click inside the "Target:" field
5) Scroll your cursor to the end of the line to the far right
6) Add /w on the end of the line inside the "Target:" field
Here is what it should look like before and after you add the /w. The whole line below should be one line.
It may wrap inside this forum window if it is too small.
7) Press the OK button
8) Start Joint Operations game using the icon you just modified
9) Game should start inside a window
10) You can change the size of the window by doing the following in the JO game
a) Click on "OPTIONS"
b) Click on the "Video" tab
c) Select the screen size in the "Resolution" field
This also works for the game icons for the ICE mod, IC mod, etc.
1) Allows you to keep an eye on other windows on your screen while you play JO
2) It's very easy to ALT+TAB over to other windows and then ALT+TAB back to play without
causing the game to lockup (like what happens when the JO game is in full screen mode)
3) Tip/Trick - You can also open multiple game windows for JO, ICE, IC, etc. on the same computer if you put the /many option on the end of the
command line like you did with the /w option.
Here is what it looks like if you use the /many option with the /w option.
Here is what the icon change looks like for JO:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NovaLogic\Joint Operations Typhoon Rising\Jointops.exe" /exp jox01 /many
Here is what the icon change looks like for ICE:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NovaLogic\Joint Operations Typhoon Rising\Jointops.exe" /exp ice /many
ISSUE: If you are in any other window besides the game window when a JO map ends or a new JO map starts, your mouse cursor instantly moves to a small
square to the top left corner of your screen. The JO game steals the focus of your mouse cursor any time a JO map ends or a new JO map starts.
WORKAROUND: To break out of this press the Windows Flag key between the Ctrl key and the Alt key on the left side of your space bar.
I use this all the time. Hope this helps you.
Member Is Offline