Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Portal Portal   Search the forums Search   Frequently Asked Questions FAQ   View member list Member List   Staff Staff List   View Topic Activity Topic Activity   Forum Stats Stats   Board Rules Board Rules   Downloads Downloads
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: NSO Help and FAQ
ShadowZ
Administrator

Mood: Not enough hours in a day

[*] posted on 5-8-11 at 02:13
NSO Help and FAQ

Please use this thread to post any problems that you may be having with the NSO mod. There's sadly very few of the NSO development team left, but I will assist you as much as I can (and when I can).

NSO Frequently Asked Questions:

Why do I get an "sysdump" when I try to join a NSO server?
It's very likely that you had a bad install of the mod. Try reinstalling the mod again or downloading from a different website.

If you still have sysdump problems, then you may have to do a clean install of BHD and then install the mod again. It may seem like a hassle, but so far this is the proven method of solving most sysdump problems.

Why can't I join a NSO server, or a "stock" server for that matter?
Because of the way that the mod is made, only those that are running the mod on their PC may be able to successfully enter and stay in a server that is hosting the NSO mod. Additionally, the versions of the mod must be exactly the same, and any "addon" mods that the server is running must also be installed on your PC before you can join.

Essentially, if you don't have exactly the same mods as the server is running, you won't get in or stay in there for long (you'll get automatically punted by the server).

Why can't people join my NSO server?
As stated above in the previous question, the players must have the same exact mod(s) running before they can join the server. Please try to contact them and inform them what mods your running. A good "broadcast" method is to include the name (and versions, if applicable) of all the mods that your currently running on your server.

This FAQ will be amended as needed. Please, if you have any questions, be sure to ask them and I will try my best to answer them.

--Z

Special Thanks:
Assassin Xaero

Time is not my enemy, although we do have many disagreements...

http://www.dfreload.com/shadowz/SGMod/SGSig.jpg http://www.dfreload.com/shadowz/MarkSigR.gif
AssassinXaero
Corporal

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-8-11 at 10:32

Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowZWhy do I get an "sysdump" when I try to join a NSO server?
Because of the way that the mod is made, only those that are running the mod on their PC may be able to successfully enter and stay in a server that is hosting the NSO mod. Additionally, the versions of the mod must be exactly the same, and any "addon" mods that the server is running must also be installed on your PC before you can join.

Essentially, if you don't have exactly the same mods as the server is running, you won't get in or stay in there for long (you'll get automatically punted by the server).

Actually, no. When you are running NSO, or any mod, and you try to join a server that isn't running said mod (or running regular BHD and trying to join a server with a mod), it will say something like: "unable to join, the server is currently running a different mod than you". Just tried to join a BHD server running the NSO mod, so I can confirm this.
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
ShadowZ
Administrator

[*] posted on 6-8-11 at 06:17

Nova must've changed the error message, or the mod you have had changed it to your "more friendlier" message.

Yes, that's what its supposed to do, but I know at least one guy kept getting sysdumps when trying to join.

Edit, I found the post where you replied to the poor guy. Looks like a reinstall solved the problem. Thanks for helping!

I also edited the OP to reflect this.
M*O*B
Map Maker

Mood: Always Good

[*] posted on 26-8-11 at 02:27

I've got BHD & TS installed on my computer. The only MOD I'm currently running or have installed for BHD is the NSO mod. If someone tries to join a map I'm hosting, they get the message you must upgrade Team Saber in order to join, even though they have it installed already. If they click the update tab in the options menu, nothing happens. Got a few folks getting interested in the NSO MOD but if they can't come into maps someone is hosting the interest will fade very quickly. So need help finding a solution to this please.
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
ShadowZ
Administrator

[*] posted on 13-9-11 at 12:33

Hey MOB, sorry for the late reply.

Clicking the "Update" button will not do anything. You'll have to make sure that they're using the same version, and our latest update.

To my knowledge, the NSO mod should allow people to join your server, even if you have TS installed as well. All I can suggest right now really is to first try just BHD and the NSO mod, and then try another fresh install of BHD & TS, then finally NSO.

If your still having problems, please let me know and I'll try to get back to ASAP.

Go To Top