Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Portal Portal   Search the forums Search   Frequently Asked Questions FAQ   View member list Member List   Staff Staff List   View Topic Activity Topic Activity   Forum Stats Stats   Board Rules Board Rules   Downloads Downloads
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Armory Event
tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 24-7-11 at 00:43
Armory Event

Is there a way for an event to be triggered if the player uses the armory?

like if ssn10000 uses armory then,

AssassinXaero
Corporal

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-7-11 at 03:31

You could use an area trigger in the armory, but that is about all I can think of. Unless there is a way to know their amount of ammo and trigger an event if they are in an area (armory) and their ammo goes up/back to full.
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 24-7-11 at 05:53

Quote:
Originally posted by AssassinXaero
You could use an area trigger in the armory, but that is about all I can think of. Unless there is a way to know their amount of ammo and trigger an event if they are in an area (armory) and their ammo goes up/back to full.

Ya that's what i did. In the map i'm making i wanna make sure the player uses the armory before they can pass on. The problem with the area trigger is the player just has to walk near the armory, they don't actually have to use it.

jabo1SFH
Corporal

[*] posted on 24-7-11 at 07:41

use one of the larger armories where they would need to go inside. this way the area trigger can be minimized to the size of the armory.

:P

http://www.soldiersfromhell.net/sfh%20images/gogeta.gif
AssassinXaero
Corporal

[*] posted on 24-7-11 at 08:42

That still doesn't fix his problem though... I can play around and see if I get something to work... Why exactly do they need to use the armory? Weapon change? Ammo refill?
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 24-7-11 at 09:35

It's an SP map. The player starts with no weapons just a knife. The player finds a dead soldier with an m-4.(duffle bag placed so the the m4 only shows) The armory is just under the floor(cant see it) I have to make sure the player use the armory to pass to the next room.

AssassinXaero
Corporal

[*] posted on 24-7-11 at 10:47

Ahh. Yeah, I dunno if that would be possible. Only way I could think of to insure it would be to have a "lock" they have to shoot to open a door to the next room. I don't think it would be a big problem if the player didn't use the armory, they'd probably learn from their mistake pretty quickly.
Baldo_the_Don
Administrator

Mood: New Computer!

[*] posted on 24-7-11 at 18:43

I know there's a trigger for if the player has full health, but I've never found a "Full Ammo" trigger.

Also, be aware that if a player does this mission in a mod that has new weapons, the knife-only start will be ruined. But as an alternative, there's a "Block Key" .wac command that can keep all other weapons unavailable until it's deactivated. Now that I've thought of it, you'll need to block the 4, 5 and 6 keys to keep the granades unavailable too, since players default to having grenades.

I'll do some testing, tell you what I get later...

Edit: See attachment.

Attachment: a02.zip (4.22kb)
This file has been downloaded 161 times

tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 24-7-11 at 21:30

I'm using the nso mod. The knife start works for me. I have all weapons off and i edited the mis to have the null for startup weapons.

When you use the armory the grenades would go away making the only available weapons the m4 and the knife.

I have it set up so if you walk close to the armory and then go to the door the door opens. If you do not walk to the armory first the door will not open.

Is it possible there is a command like this...
if player pressed(0) while in area trigger(1) then......

AssassinXaero
Corporal

[*] posted on 24-7-11 at 23:57

Through WAC, I doubt it. That would involve detecting keystrokes, and probably the variables for certain actions if they keys are mappable. I tried messing with mana, and that did nothing.
Baldo_the_Don
Administrator

Mood: New Computer!

[*] posted on 25-7-11 at 00:55

NSO map?! Ooh, I'm excited, now!

I think the newer games have a "player fired" trigger for the .wac, and I've tried to see if it works in DFBHD without success. It would be neat to be able to do stuff like stealth missions that fail if the player uses a loud weapon, or a bonus for not using the M203 or AT4 or something like that. But, alas...

Also to be considered is the "Load Saved Mission..." trick:
  1. Start the mission "Irene." Save it and quit immediately.

2. Go to the mission "Shattered Palace." Click to the Loadout Screen, then click BACK.

3. Go back to "Irene." Click on "Load Saved Mission...", then immediately click BACK.

4. The loadout is now the default from "Shattered Palace."

Anyone that knows this trick can bypass the knife-only start, so putting a "blockfire" .wac on everything except the knife would add another obstacle to players getting around that.

Code:

Put that in your .wac and the only usable weapon will be the knife until the player is in area 1 and turns the 1s to 0s.

AssassinXaero
Corporal

[*] posted on 25-7-11 at 22:25

Yeah, the player fired is in the wac files for BHD, but it crashes when you try to use it...

Go To Top