Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Portal Portal   Search the forums Search   Frequently Asked Questions FAQ   View member list Member List   Staff Staff List   View Topic Activity Topic Activity   Forum Stats Stats   Board Rules Board Rules   Downloads Downloads
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Shoch N Awe 4.0 Final ?
AKMARK5000
Corporal

[*] posted on 30-1-11 at 01:58
Shoch N Awe 4.0 Final ?

I see 2 servers running SnA4.0. I have BHD modded with Team Sabre. Both servers are under BHD. So, 1f I mod my BHDTS with the SnA 4.0, will I be able to join these servers?

AKMARK5000 has attached this image:
Click Image To Enlarge

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z13/shifty421/Sigs/Mark-5-Sig-22.gif
tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 30-1-11 at 04:56

Is there a separate desktop icon for the Shock N Awe mod like there is for the NSO or EXP mods? I downloaded and installed the Shock N Awe mod about a year ago and I wasn't able to play on any BHD or BHDTS servers so I had to uninstall BHD to get rid of the mod so I can get back on to the servers.

ShadowZ
Administrator

Mood: Not enough hours in a day

[*] posted on 30-1-11 at 06:51

Hmm, I think I remember seeing an SnA shortcut that was tossed in the BHD folder.

If not, you can make your own shortcut and reset the target.

Time is not my enemy, although we do have many disagreements...

http://www.dfreload.com/shadowz/SGMod/SGSig.jpg http://www.dfreload.com/shadowz/MarkSigR.gif
tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 30-1-11 at 07:08

Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowZ
Hmm, I think I remember seeing an SnA shortcut that was tossed in the BHD folder.

If not, you can make your own shortcut and reset the target.

But will i get punted for cheating if I install the mod? cause thats what happened last time i installed it.

ShadowZ
Administrator

[*] posted on 31-1-11 at 10:33

Blah, I'll have to do a run through the thing to see what's going on with it.

You should be able to just click a seperate shortcut to use SnA, and use the standard shortcut to play stock BHD.

http://www.dfreload.com/shadowz/SGMod/SGSig.jpg http://www.dfreload.com/shadowz/MarkSigR.gif
tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 31-1-11 at 22:34

Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowZ
Blah, I'll have to do a run through the thing to see what's going on with it.

You should be able to just click a seperate shortcut to use SnA, and use the standard shortcut to play stock BHD.

Ok Thanks. I don't what to install it again and not be able to play online. And then have to uninstall and reinstall BHD and the other mods.

tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 2-2-11 at 09:00

I downloaded Shock N Awe. I just saved it to my computer. Did you check to see if it will disrupt me going on regualr BHD servers?

ShadowZ
Administrator

[*] posted on 5-2-11 at 10:21

tony, the Shock N Awe installer should not disrupt your regular BHD play, so long as you use the SnA shortcut to play SnA, and the standard shortcut to play regular BHD.

During the install, simply pick where your BHD folder is at and the installer will do the rest.

Edit: Oh! one thing, the SnA installer comes with a file that will modify your startup browser page when you first connect to Multi.

If you want to keep the original page, I suggest renaming the "STARTUP" file to "STARTUP_orig" before installing SnA. Once your done installing, you can delete the STARTUP that SnA puts in there, and name the "STARTUP_orig" back to what it was.

tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 5-2-11 at 10:52

Ok thanks. Will having that SnA start up page affect regular muliplayer?

tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 5-2-11 at 11:14

I just installed it and now i cant play in the regular BHD! I uninstalled the mod and when i go to novaworld it says"hope you enjoy this mod" And it says server can't be found... This is exactly what happened to me before! What do I do now to get rid of this mod?? Like I said its uninstalled but the muliplayer says i have the mod... And the shortcuts didnt work. so i clicked on the SnA EXE file and its just the regular BHD TS......

tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 5-2-11 at 11:47

Ya... I had to uninstall and reinstall BHD to get rid of the mod completly. I would like to be able to use the mod but I'm not having much luck with it.

ShadowZ
Administrator

[*] posted on 6-2-11 at 03:29

Ok, Thats what I was talking about the STARTUP file

Your not actually running the Mod, your just looking at its start page.

Ugh, something's screwy about it, at any rate. Probably the best thing you can do is install a fresh BHD, update it, and then copy everything in the folder to a new folder.

This way you'll have one folder for stock BHD and one folder for SnA.

TedSmelly
DFR Mod Team

Mood: Alive and loving it

[*] posted on 6-2-11 at 09:23

Tony991 something funny going on your end. No Mod will stop you playing your original Game. In fact if you don't setup the Mods correctly, when you click on the Mod shortcut the original BHD or BHDTS games will start.
I have most of the BHD Mods and have had several of them installed at the same time and no problems and no conflicts with other Mods or with the original BHD/BHDTS.

I have just re-insatlled my BHDTS and now I get punted from both our TIO COOP Servers (BHD and BHDTS) but not our TIObeta Mod server. Over the past 2 years I have had errors like -

You need to upgrade to "Team Sabre" when in fact I have Team Sabre installed.

The server is running a different Mod then you are but in reality I am running BHDTS trying to get into a Team Sabre server.

Don't give up Tony991, it sounds like you are being screwed around by unknown forces.

ps - Being an old game issues will arrive with new products. Vista, Win7, Nvidia Graphics Drivers, 64 bit systems.
tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 6-2-11 at 23:25

I have windows vista 64 bit.
I have EXP, NSO, and Deep jungle mods and they work great.
When I installed SnA the installer asked for the BHD folder so I clicked on the appropraite folder. And it installed. The shortcuts and readme files came up on my desktop. But the desktop icons did not have the SnA icons. The icons were just a white page with an arrow on the bottom left corner. When I click on the SnA icons it brought me to the regular BHDTS. So I then exited out of the game and then clicked on my regular BHDTS icon and went to muliplayer and selected a server. When the server was loading it said"hope you enjoy this mod" and then the white sreen with"page can not be loaded" came up. So I exited out of the game. I then went to my BHD folder and I noticed the SnA pff was in a folder named "mod" so I copy and pasted the pff in to the BHD folder. I tried the icons again and same this as above. So I cllicked on the SnA .exe and same thing as above. I tried opening the SnA MED and I looked for SnA objects and there were none. Just the BHD and BHDTS objects. I tried clicking on the MED exe in my BHD folder and the same thing as above.
Does anyone know what went wrong?

ShadowZ
Administrator

[*] posted on 7-2-11 at 15:16

Quote:
Originally posted by tony991
I then went to my BHD folder and I noticed the SnA pff was in a folder named "mod" so I copy and pasted the pff in to the BHD folder.

Do not! Do not do not do not do NOT put any mod related stuff into your BHD folder other than .BMS .TRN and .WAC. It WILL be loaded any time you try to play regular BHD. You MUST put said mod related stuff into the mod subfolder, and nowhere else!

The cause of your real problems are likely due to two things:

1. The Startup file has been overwritten by SnA. As I have tried to tell you before. You must save your original startup file BEFORE installing SnA. After you have installed SnA, restore your startup file and you will get the standard multiplayer page.

If you fail to do so, you will continue to get the blank page as you have been getting.

2. The shortcut commands are not working in Vista. Most, if not all, mods made for BHD use shortcut commands. They essentially give the target .exe special instructions, namely "look into this folder for resources before getting stuff from the default folder."

Windows Vista is most likely buggering up these shortcut commands, so you will most likely have to look into getting them fixed again. Right click on a shortcut, and then select properties. There should be a field that says "target" somewhere on the dialog that pops up... Select the text box and then hit the Right arrow key to get to the very end of the all the text. Get a screenshot of it and display it here, please.

TedSmelly
DFR Mod Team

Mood: Alive and loving it

[*] posted on 7-2-11 at 15:20

I just installed the ShocknAwe Mod on my computer (64bit, Win7). It loaded well but same as you the desktop icons were white without image. The shortcuts went nowhere and the Mod wouldn't start.
What happened is I gave it the path for the install "C:\Program Files (x86)\NovaLogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down" and it installed correctly but the Shortcuts still had "C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down" in the "Target Box" and "Start in Box" in the Shortcut Properties.

So the fix was -

(1) Right click on the ShocknAwe Shortcut and select properties. In the Target Box and the Start in Box change "Program Files" to "Program Files (x86)".

(2) With the Properties window still open, select the "Compatibility Tab", scroll down and put a "Check" in the box called "Run as an Administrator"

(3) With the Properties window still open, select the "Change Icon Tab", a can not find window will appear, just go ok. The next window shows all the windows icons but we want to select the "Browse Tab". Browse to your game folder ("C:\Program Files (x86)\NovaLogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down") scroll down and find your ShocknAwe Icon, double click it, select your image and go ok. Hit apply and then ok. Your ShocknAwe Icon has an image and now starts the Mod with Administer Rights.

"Target Line" looks like this - "C:\Program Files (x86)\NovaLogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down\ShocknAwe.exe" /mod Shock_4_0

"Start in Line" looks like this - "C:\Program Files (x86)\NovaLogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down"

I like my 'Target Line" to look like this - "C:\Program Files (x86)\NovaLogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down\ShocknAwe.exe" /mod Shock_4_0 /d

You have to do the same with the ShocknAwe Med Shortcut.

Med Shortcut "Target Line" looks like this - "C:\Program Files (x86)\NovaLogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down\ShocknAwemed.exe" /mod Shock_4_0

Med Shortcut "Start in Line" looks like this - "C:\Program Files (x86)\NovaLogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down"

This is what I did to make ShocknAwe run on my computer. I hope this helps Tony991.
tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 1-4-11 at 00:14

I just got SnA mod to work.
I installed it to a different folder, then moved it over to my BHD folder. Redirected the target and start in destinations. Then i changed the icon picture.
Works great.
Thanks for everyones help!

Go To Top