Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Portal Portal   Search the forums Search   Frequently Asked Questions FAQ   View member list Member List   Staff Staff List   View Topic Activity Topic Activity   Forum Stats Stats   Board Rules Board Rules   Downloads Downloads
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Factories in NSO mod
tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 19-12-10 at 23:24
Factories in NSO mod

How do the four factory sections go together in the NSO mod? It looks like they should go together somehow cause there is doorways on the 2nd and 3rd floors that go to nothing on the buildings.
Thanks...

Baldo_the_Don
Administrator

Mood: New Computer!

[*] posted on 20-12-10 at 10:31

Did they update the NSO mod or something? I just looked, I saw only 3 factory buildings.

And I don't think they are designed to align and mesh like the Russian Embassy items, those doors to nowhere may be an attempt at verisimilatude, 'cause in poor countries like Korea, they stop a building's construction when the money runs out and just hope more gets scrounged up later.

But I think the doors are just places to insert the catwalk and stairway items.

tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 21-12-10 at 00:13

Oh ok i didn't think that they were designed to be that realistic. No they didn't update the mod. It looked the "destroyed corner piece" was part of the factories. but i guess not.

ShadowZ
Administrator

Mood: Not enough hours in a day

[*] posted on 31-12-10 at 07:17

Tony, which objects are you talking about, and what are the names of the objects in the MED?

Time is not my enemy, although we do have many disagreements...

http://www.dfreload.com/shadowz/SGMod/SGSig.jpg http://www.dfreload.com/shadowz/MarkSigR.gif
tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 31-12-10 at 09:56

I'm talking about the 3 factories in the NSO mod. I was wondering how they go together cause one of the buildings has 2 hallways that go to nowhere. and if you connect them with catwaks like Baldo was saying you have to have the exact same two factory peice 180 degrees from each other.

The names of the buildings are...
Factory 1
Factory 2 with cell
Factory 3

The look like they should go together, right?

dzine
Private

Mood: modding!

[*] posted on 1-1-11 at 23:27

The three Factory buildings were originally all part of one huge building which started life as a Shopping Mall. For many reasons it just wasn't feasible so I decided to split it into three. The best use of the buildings can be seen in the 'Factory Sector' map that shipped with the mod. I still have a .3ds file of the Mall so I'll get some screens together if you want?

Good to see you mapping for NSO tony991 :)
tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 2-1-11 at 07:32

I just looked at factory sector. I forgot that there were multiplayer maps that came with the mod.

Ya the NSO mod is awesome! I recommend it to anyone who hasn't downloaded it! I'm surprised that there aren't that many NSO maps out there. I'm currenly working on about six singleplayer maps for NSO. It's a great mod!

So dzine, You're one of the modders who made the NSO mod, how do you go about making custom objects?

Are you working on another mod for bhd?

dzine
Private

[*] posted on 2-1-11 at 23:38

Sadly I hardly get the time to go near a computer any more these days. My Girlfriend has a little boy just over a year old and we're expecting the birth of his brother in a few months... it's all gone hectic here but it's great fun too.

To learn about making custom objects, well the best place to start is here at dfreload.
'General Mod Discussion' in the forum here is a goldmine of information with many great contributors.

I'm not working on anything at the moment but the last few things I dabbled with (and this is almost a year ago now) was some objects for a Cemetery Mod for BHD. Sounds crazy I know but I think it could have had some potential. Sadly I don't think it will ever see the light of day though.

I'm real pleased you like the NSO mod - so many peeps worked real hard on it too, it was a great team effort.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your maps.
tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 10-1-11 at 03:44

Just to let you know dzine, I have posted one of my NSO maps. I was hopeing to have real life images and screenshots from the game in the description to show how realistic this map is but for some reason it didn't read the IMG codes. Too bad DFR dosn't allow you to preview before you post and edit after you post without having to reupload it to change something.
But anyways check it out..
http://www.dfreload.com/forum/files.php?action=file&id=1157

dzine
Private

[*] posted on 17-1-11 at 17:58

Had quite a few cracks at this map and still not completed it yet! I like it a lot but find it real hard. I like the Hot-Houses and the main structure is pretty cool. I'll keep plugging away at it!
tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 18-1-11 at 06:09

Quote:
Originally posted by dzine
Had quite a few cracks at this map and still not completed it yet! I like it a lot but find it real hard. I like the Hot-Houses and the main structure is pretty cool. I'll keep plugging away at it!

haha ok. I didn't want to make it too easy. I made and tested the map on the easy difficulty. Go to the options menu in the general tab and see if your game difficulty is set at easy.

Go To Top