Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Portal Portal   Search the forums Search   Frequently Asked Questions FAQ   View member list Member List   Staff Staff List   View Topic Activity Topic Activity   Forum Stats Stats   Board Rules Board Rules   Downloads Downloads
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Fire timer Question
tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 4-12-10 at 09:41
Fire timer Question

I was wondering how to adjust the fire timer for BHD. When I change the number and press ok and go back to the item attributes it resets itself to 10. Can i do it through WAC.?

This is what the MED manual says about the fire timer...

This number determines how many seconds the unit will spend firing at a target
before attempting another action such as changing targets or running.

Any help will be appreciated.

ShadowZ
Administrator

Mood: Not enough hours in a day

[*] posted on 4-12-10 at 11:52

Pulled up the MED and getting the same problem on the fire timer... can't seem to adjust it from there.

You might be able to do it in a WAC... probably listed in one of the AI states somewhere.

Time is not my enemy, although we do have many disagreements...

http://www.dfreload.com/shadowz/SGMod/SGSig.jpg http://www.dfreload.com/shadowz/MarkSigR.gif
tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 4-12-10 at 22:53

I looked at the wac list and there's nothing about the fire timer..

http://www.novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44339&highlight=wac

Baldo_the_Don
Administrator

Mood: New Computer!

[*] posted on 5-12-10 at 02:50

The fire timer is one of those things that the consumer MED can't do. The spawn count has the same problem. Apparently, when NL changed the MED for the unwashed masses, they messed up those bits. The consumer MED can display these values, but it cannot edit them.

The easy workaround is to get the unlocked MED, it's good to go on fire timers and spawn counts.

The difficult workaround is to edit these values in the .mis file manually, then reload it into the MED, save and export.

First, note the SSN of the AI you want to edit. Open the .mis file in notepad.exe. Search for the SSN. Find the line that says 'shoottimer' and make it what you need. Keep in mind that anything less than 4 will mean the guy never stops shooting, and I think there are some AIs that can't move and shoot at the same time, I'm not sure.

For respawns, you have to actually add a line to the .mis entry, and that would be the line 'movetimer' and the number of spawns, total, you want the guy to have. That means 0 is one spawn, 1 is one spawn, 2 is one spawn and one respawn, savvy?

tony991
Corporal

[*] posted on 8-12-10 at 08:56

ok thanks.

Go To Top