Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Portal Portal   Search the forums Search   Frequently Asked Questions FAQ   View member list Member List   Staff Staff List   View Topic Activity Topic Activity   Forum Stats Stats   Board Rules Board Rules   Downloads Downloads
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: The Dreaded Wac File Experience.
M*O*B
Map Maker

Mood: Always Good

[*] posted on 23-9-10 at 05:24
The Dreaded Wac File Experience.

I've been making maps for BHD for almost 2 years now, been playing BHD since about a year after it came out. I can make humvees move just fine, I can even make a helo take off, fly, and then land using events. I've read every tutorial I can find on wac files and frankly, it's like trying to use a digital recorder by someone that doesn't even know what it is.lol Here's my question, I know somewhere, there has to be a simple, easy to understand tutorial for dopes like me, to use with a helo, so if the people in it die, it goes back to it's starting point. I'm trying to make a new NSO map with various vehicles moving about. All of them except the helo are working as expected. I've tried to set up the events on the helo similar to how they are on another NSO map, but it won't work without the .wac file. I see that with the NSO editor, you don't have a tab for making .wac files included like the med ed has for BHD. Any suggestions or help will be appreciate. Thanks
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Baldo_the_Don
Administrator

Mood: Nervous, but cheerful.

[*] posted on 23-9-10 at 18:31

Have you seen this?

Baldo_the_Don's Helicopter Methodology (Now with AI Fast Roping)

I can't vouch for it being the best helicopter explanation, but it's the best one I've ever written.

M*O*B
Map Maker

Mood: Always Good

[*] posted on 24-9-10 at 01:43

Hi Baldo,

I have your tutorial bookmarked, tyvm. I probably didn't make myself clear earlier. I want to try to make a .wac file for my new NSO map. With regular BHD Med Editors, under the tools tab, there is another tab for making .wac files. On the NSO med editor, there is no such wac file tab. Now since .wac files are as alien to me as anything can be, it has me a bit confused. How should I proceed, because if the med ed doesn't have the specific function of being able to make a .wac file for a map, can it be done on a non NSO med editor, then imported in? Or, do you know of another way to generate a .wac file for an NSO map? Gawwd I like map making a whole lot more before I decide tanks, humvees, boats and helo would make a map more fun to play.lmao
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Hammerman
Private

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 24-9-10 at 02:40

BHD Wac is same as JOE wac's Check out Godfather's mapping web site. http://nile.ecalpon.com exclent sorce for all mappers. :) You can allways use Note pad to do you wac code if you want.

Code:

Here if there are 3 AI's on the helo and thay leave the helo or die the helo will go to a wp of your choice.
this is a simple way, you could use a group command to do the same thing.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa399/gabrown44/IMG24-1271900656.gif
Baldo_the_Don
Administrator

Mood: Nervous, but cheerful.

[*] posted on 24-9-10 at 04:10

Quote:
Originally posted by M*O*B
Hi Baldo,

I have your tutorial bookmarked, tyvm. I probably didn't make myself clear earlier. I want to try to make a .wac file for my new NSO map. With regular BHD Med Editors, under the tools tab, there is another tab for making .wac files. On the NSO med editor, there is no such wac file tab. Now since .wac files are as alien to me as anything can be, it has me a bit confused. How should I proceed, because if the med ed doesn't have the specific function of being able to make a .wac file for a map, can it be done on a non NSO med editor, then imported in? Or, do you know of another way to generate a .wac file for an NSO map? Gawwd I like map making a whole lot more before I decide tanks, humvees, boats and helo would make a map more fun to play.lmao

Oh my Godtopus... Mobs, every .wac I've ever written I wrote in notepad.exe. Yeah, that crappy Windows text editor notepad.exe. Really.

Hold down the Windows key and press R. When the "Run" dialog opens, type notepad and click OK. That's my .wac writing program.

Write a test command like:

if ontick 2 then
text ".wac file is online."
endif

Then open notepad.exe's File menu, click "Save as...", type in the same name as the .bms this .wac is for, and add the .wac extension before clicking Save.

Just to explain, in the MED, when you open the Tools menu and choose "open mission WAC", if the mission has a .wac, the MED opens it with notepad.exe, and if it doesn't, it opens notepad.exe anyway.

Go To Top