Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Portal Portal   Search the forums Search   Frequently Asked Questions FAQ   View member list Member List   Staff Staff List   View Topic Activity Topic Activity   Forum Stats Stats   Board Rules Board Rules   Downloads Downloads
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Respawning Sachel Decorations
AKMARK5000
Corporal

[*] posted on 12-6-09 at 03:47
Respawning Sachel Decorations

Under 'decorations' I found a sachel charge [stch_3ad] to put into a map. When I shoot it, it blows up as it should and never reappears. What I am trying to do is have the sachle reappear or re spawn after it gets blown up. There is no option available to the item re spawn or remain 'indistructable' in the 'edit item attributes'.

1. Is this even possible? If yes, then how?

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z13/shifty421/Sigs/Mark-5-Sig-22.gif
Tac
Private

Mood: Sleep Walking

[*] posted on 12-6-09 at 04:14

I donít think you can respawn that item however you could place a teleport marker on or above it. Place another satchel charge in the map somewhere and have it teleported to that spot in the event that satchel is destroyed. Someone else may have another suggestion. If you need a more detailed description on how to set up what I have suggested just ask.
Tac :)
AKMARK5000
Corporal

[*] posted on 12-6-09 at 04:56

Quote:
Originally posted by Tac
I donít think you can respawn that item however you could place a teleport marker on or above it. Place another satchel charge in the map somewhere and have it teleported to that spot in the event that satchel is destroyed. Someone else may have another suggestion. If you need a more detailed description on how to set up what I have suggested just ask.
Tac :)

I tried on my own but yeah I am defiantly going to need more details on how.

So, here's what I did. On a test map, I set up 2 sachels (one Left01, one Right02). I placed the 'teleport target' (only thing I could find with the word teleport in it) directly on the Left sachel. In therory once the Left01 sachel is blown up then the Right02 sachel teleports in, correct? This is where I get stumped. How do I conecct the two in order for the whole thing to happen?

JET
Gomer !!!

Mood: Need a Beer

[*] posted on 12-6-09 at 06:43

you have to teleport it with an event. you can do this with SSN or with groups. SSN would probably be easier though.

first thing is set the teleport target to 1, its null by default.
next get the SSN for the 2 satchels. 1 is the destroyed one the other is the teleport one, these are imprtant.
next open the events window
under the if section select SSN for trigger type. dead for trigger condition, and the satchel that first gets blown for the trigger variable.
in the Then section select teleport SSN for action type, in SSN pick the satchel that you want to teleport, and teleport target should be 1 by default.

Hope that helps.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/JET-WTF/jettag2.jpg
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. --George Carlin
AKMARK5000
Corporal

[*] posted on 12-6-09 at 07:54

Quote:
Originally posted by JET
you have to teleport it with an event. you can do this with SSN or with groups. SSN would probably be easier though.

first thing is set the teleport target to 1, its null by default.
next get the SSN for the 2 satchels. 1 is the destroyed one the other is the teleport one, these are imprtant.
next open the events window
under the if section select SSN for trigger type. dead for trigger condition, and the satchel that first gets blown for the trigger variable.
in the Then section select teleport SSN for action type, in SSN pick the satchel that you want to teleport, and teleport target should be 1 by default.

Hope that helps.

I followed the above instruction, but it didn't work. It took me a few minutes to figure it out and I'm new to mapping, so, maybe I did it wrong.... is there a tutorial or something more detailed for setting up teleporting?

Tac
Private

Mood: Sleep Walking

[*] posted on 12-6-09 at 09:26

Ok you have your satchels in place.
If you highlight the satchel charges one at a time in the description area, bottom left of MED, you will see SSN: # NOT Item #

Letís say SSN: 1 is the satchel you want to blow up and SSN: 2 is the one you want to teleport when 1 blows up.

Place both satchels where you want them.
Place a teleport target, found in the markers section of the items list, and place it where you want the SSN: 2 satchel charge to go when the first blows up.

Top left corner of the MED click on Edit
Move down the drop down window and click on Teleport Targets
A window will open in the text window on the right where it say description write a name for your Teleport Target. It can be anything you want.
Then click OK.
Now in your map click on your Teleport Target so it is highlighted.
Nothing else can be chosen, Just the Teleport Target.
Now either Left click the Item box in the bottom left corner of the MED or Right click and choose Edit Item Attributes
A window for that item will open.
In the top right corner you will see an area called Waypoints.
Under that will be: List.
Click the list drop down box and you will see the name you chose for your Teleport Target.
Select it and click OK at the bottom. Closes that window
Now go back to the Edit drop down in the top left of the MED and Click it.
Go down to Event. Left click it. A window opens.
Double Left click <> under IF [Trigger} box on the right.
Click dropdown box under Trigger Type and select: SSN
Click dropdown box under Trigger Condition and select: Dead
Then click under Trigger Variables SSN: 1- Satchel Charge
Then click OK
Next Double click << New Action >> under Then [Actions]
Click on dropdown box under Action Type and choose: Teleport SSN
Now under Action Variables, SSN: 2- Satchel Charge
Click OK
Again this assumes your satchel charges are SSN: 1 is the one that blows up and SSN: 2 is the one being teleported.
Click OK.
Save your game and test it.
The only thing that might get you in trouble is what ever blows up the satchel may blow up the one teleporting in. To avoid this I would, In the Event window where you see the IF, Then you just programmed, in the top right you will see where it says Delay [seconds].
You can enter a delay, as long as you wish before the teleport takes place after the first satchel is destroyed.
I hope this works for you m8. If not just give a yell, someone here will get you there.

Oh and I believe there is a Teleport Tutorial on this page but itís for DF Land Warrior
http://wtf-squad.com/PHP-Nuke/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=4

If you have that game it may be of help to ya.
Tac
AKMARK5000
Corporal

[*] posted on 12-6-09 at 23:48

I think that I had it set before also. However, the first time I did not have the information about the delay option that would have prevented satchel1 from blowing up the teleported satchel2.

It worked out nicely last night [12 hours ago], but now I have a strange problem with the MED.

The Delay checkbox is missing! Even if I start a brand new map and build from scratch.

AKMARK5000
Corporal

[*] posted on 13-6-09 at 02:50

Quote:
Originally posted by AKMARK5000
I think that I had it set before also. However, the first time I did not have the information about the delay option that would have prevented satchel1 from blowing up the teleported satchel2.

It worked out nicely last night [12 hours ago], but now I have a strange problem with the MED.

The Delay checkbox is missing! Even if I start a brand new map and build from scratch.

Sorry,... inexperience. The missing Delay box was never missing because it is not supposed to be there.

Go To Top