Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Portal Portal   Search the forums Search   Frequently Asked Questions FAQ   View member list Member List   Staff Staff List   View Topic Activity Topic Activity   Forum Stats Stats   Board Rules Board Rules   Downloads Downloads
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: DFBHDTS Vehicle AI Textfile Default Parameters
Baldo_the_Don
Administrator

Mood: New Computer!

[*] posted on 16-5-08 at 04:51
DFBHDTS Vehicle AI Textfile Default Parameters

DF:BHDTS Vehicle AI Textfile Default Parameters

Tired of your helicopters getting stuck flying in circles? Hate it when your trucks drive through buildings? This is where you can find out how to stop these things from happening:

AI TextfilePatrol/
Combat
Speed
Altitude
(Waypoint
Z off)
Default to
Waypoint Z
Approx.
Turn
Radius
Time to
turn 180
Turn
Rate
Attack
Method
H_AH6B_Z70/--2890m9 Sec.20/Sec.
H_AH6_Z125/12538/2380m2.5 Sec.72/Sec.
H_BHAWMP40/--28.535m6 Sec.30/Sec.
H_BHAWKF70/--28.560m6 Sec.30/Sec.
Heli -- Unarmed50/EA2850m7.2 Sec.25/Sec.Evasive Action
Heli -- Blackhawk70/9028.545m4.5 Sec.40/Sec.
Heli -- Blackhawk (no return fire)70/--28.560m6 Sec.30/Sec.
Heli -- Blackhawk (waypoint Z follow)70/9028.5120m12 Sec.15/Sec.
PU_S (DC-3 Smuggler's Plane)170/25081.5160m12 Sec.15/Sec.Evasive Action
Plane -- A-10 Rocket, Fast401/EA56.5600m15 Sec.12/Sec.30mm, Rockets
Ground -- Buggy25/504m3 Sec.60/Sec..50 cal.
Ground -- Buggy LAW30/702m3 Sec.60/Sec.LAW
Ground -- Enemy Tank20/201m3 Sec.60/Sec.Cannon, .50 cal.
Ground -- Jeep40/408m3 Sec.60/Sec.
Ground -- Train60/--10m3 Sec.60/Sec.
Ground -- Unarmed40/--8m3 Sec.60/Sec.
Ground -- Unarmed, Fast60/--10m3 Sec.60/Sec.
Ground -- Unarmed, Slow20/--1m3 Sec.60/Sec.
Boat -- Unarmed60/--190m36 Sec.5/Sec.
Boat -- Unarmed, Fast100/--10m2 Sec.90/Sec.
Boat -- Zodiac60/--35m7.2 Sec.25/Sec.
AI TextfilePatrol/
Combat
Speed
Altitude
(Waypoint
Z off)
Default to
Waypoint Z
Approx.
Turn
Radius
Time to
turn 180
Turn
Rate
Attack
Method

I tested the speeds and altitudes by inserting two vehicles 32 to 64 meters apart, facing north. 1024m in that direction, I inserted a waypoint for each vehicle, the same distance apart. The test vehicle's waypoint would be set to the suspected default altitude, the control vehicle's waypoint was snapped to terrain. I then used events to to make the test vehicle follow WP Z and change the patrol speed to the suspected default. The combat speed I changed to zero in the first test run. 768m from the start point, I inserted shooters that would attack the vehicles on their way by. Then I set the player start marker in the test vehicle facing the control vehicle.

On mission start, without touching the mouse, I switched my weapon to sighted view and watched to to see if my aimpoint changed position on the control vehicle at all. If it did, I knew I had the wrong speed or altitude. I paused the game, ALT+TABbed to the MED, tweaked, saved and exported, went back to the game, restarted the mission, and observed again.

When the vehicles detected enemies, they went to combat speed, and since the test vehicle I was in had a combat speed of zero, it stopped dead. A few rounds of tweaking later, I would have the default combat speed.

Some AI Textfiles have no combat speed, and would countinue on without stopping. AI Textfiles sensitive to enemy presence required line of sight at 300m to go to combat speed.

I tested the turn radius by adding another waypoint 1m to the side of the first, putting the player waypoint right over it so that I could track the distance. Then I would note the shortest distance to the waypoint, the longest distance, add them and divide by 2, then round it up to the next most likely number.

Timing the 180 speed was easy. I ran a stopwatch for 5 full turns and divided by 10. Dividing 180 by that number got me the turn rate.

The point behind all this information is to help mappers make their vehicles function. You have to take care when setting waypoints that each is within the turn radius of the vehicle moving towards it, and if it isn't, then the vehicle has to change its speed, the waypoint has to be moved farther away, or the waypoint has to be made larger.

If you notice any mistakes, let me know, okay?

NOTE: This is my first post here at DFR. I hope you find it helpful. There will most likely be more.

NOTE: The phpBB code running this forum handles my skilless HTML mercilessly, but I think I got this chart working. If you aren't using IE7 and the chart above makes no sense or looks weird, please tell me. If it looks like code, well, some can't see the Matrix any other way...

NOTE: Thought I should add that I hardly ever use the unlocked MED, so if you don't recognize the AI Textfiles named above, it's because the unlocked MED names them differently.

NOTE: I found this map at the DFB called *AN* VENICES DARK SECRETS by Who42. In it, he has a few fishing boats. He laid a waypoint list for them, assigned them each to a waypoint in the Item Attributes, changed their AI Textfiles to "Ground - Unarmed, slow" even though they're boats, and they work perfectly! With no events!

Chrispy
Staff Sergeant

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 16-5-08 at 04:58

Good friggin' job man.

That's great stuff.

CHRISPY/MTN GOAT
Super Moderator - DF Reload

deltaforcegaming.com/chrispy for all your BHD/DFX tuts, and maps...

http://www.dfreload.com/sigs/doc_bar.gif
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger

Go To Top