Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Portal Portal   Search the forums Search   Frequently Asked Questions FAQ   View member list Member List   Staff Staff List   View Topic Activity Topic Activity   Forum Stats Stats   Board Rules Board Rules   Downloads Downloads
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Some quick Single Player mission questions.
Wolfie138
Private

[*] posted on 15-4-08 at 22:29
Some quick Single Player mission questions.

Hi all,
Got a couple quick questions about waypoints and areas and stuff for the Single Player mission I'm plotting, for BHD/TS.

1) I want to have a group of AI head for the player & teammates. According to the manual I can use the 127 waypoint, but I'm wondering about 125 as the "go to SSN" bit for the team mates : ie, what happens if by the time that group is in play, the SSN has been killed earlier in the mission? Would they just stand there and do nothing? Is there a way of saying "go to SSNx, or if he's dead SSNy, or if he's dead go to the Player"?

2) re areas, is it at all possible to set up a WAC action for when an AI gets close to the player/teammates? Eg, they might follow the player around etc but only activate a wav when within 2 metres or such like?

3) respawning enemies – I want to do a fairly intense battle, and it seems a way to do that would be to create say 50 enemies and then respawn them so you have a constant influx of enemies. But, I don't want them to respawn endlessly, say only 3 or 4 times each ~ is that doable?

Many thanks….

Chrispy
Staff Sergeant

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 16-4-08 at 04:40

1. You can. If the SSN they're following is dead, make an event saying "IF SSN(x) is dead, redirect Group(x) to WP(x)" (where "x" is a number).

2. I'm not too sure if you can make it so if the AI is right next to you a .wav plays.

3. Yep, go to their item attributes and change the spawns number.

4. Moved this to the BHD mapping forum.

CHRISPY/MTN GOAT
Super Moderator - DF Reload

deltaforcegaming.com/chrispy for all your BHD/DFX tuts, and maps...

http://www.dfreload.com/sigs/doc_bar.gif
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Wolfie138
Private

[*] posted on 16-4-08 at 17:00

Many thanks Chrispy. had to do a quick search there, went to teh forum and there ws no post. was "...i'm SURE i posted it here...?" :-D

2) - tch. so there's no way you could do an assassin type thing then? have an innocent looking civilian but if they get close to a player/teammate they wound/kill them, as if by a knife attack or such?

cheers.

Chrispy
Staff Sergeant

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 16-4-08 at 18:24

Not too sure with #2 mate, lol.

And yeah no probs. Apologies for the thread move lol.

CHRISPY/MTN GOAT
Super Moderator - DF Reload

deltaforcegaming.com/chrispy for all your BHD/DFX tuts, and maps...

http://www.dfreload.com/sigs/doc_bar.gif
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
PREDATOR-53rd
Corporal

[*] posted on 16-4-08 at 19:02

yes there is a way to do that #2
have your civy ai standing still and put an area trigger around him a small area and if player ssn 10000 is within area trigger change your civilan's ssn # change to red team ( do this in the events) now if you the player gets within that area trigger the civilain is going to change to an evil blood hungry junky and kill you lol.

you may also trigger a wav file to play as soon as the player enters that area also. :) happy mapping
Wolfie138
Private

[*] posted on 17-4-08 at 15:12

cheers Eagle, but that won't work for me as i don't want my people standing still :-(

Ozferal
WTF ADmin

Mood: STILL hunting Kev!

[*] posted on 17-4-08 at 16:42

Use another event then to change to civilian from neutral to red

http://www.dfreload.com/eagle/sigs/ozsig.gif

Wolfie138
Private

[*] posted on 17-4-08 at 17:18

hmm....

actually, if i defined a civilian and Red and gave him the go-to-player waypoint thing, he'd run up and attack, wouldn't he? thing is, HOW would he attack, given they have no guns. would he go into the throw-a-rock routine? is there a way i can define how much damage he inflicts?

thanks again.

Wolfie138
Private

[*] posted on 26-4-08 at 05:31

okay - error trapping when you're play testing : how do you do it?

i'm messing about w/ the editor, mostly just reading events and stuff, seeing how things work etc, but i've tried the odd alteration, like adding characters and buildings, just to get a feel. (this is in the Mogadishu Mile mission, BTW)
one of the things i did, because i thought it would be amusing to do so, was change my teammates from Delta operatives to Large Crocodiles (tell me who hasn't done THAT one!). the game starts, the crocs appear w/ me adn then wander off up the street. the prob i've got tho, is a few seconds into the game, it ends w/ the message "freindly forces have been destroyed" type thing. given that there's only been a few seconds play and no one's died, i was wondering if there's some error-trapping routine or trick i can use to see which event is triggering this (a few in the list trigger a Red win/Kill SSN type thing, but none seem to apply to my Delta Crocs).

cheers!

Baldo_the_Don
Administrator

Mood: New Computer!

[*] posted on 16-5-08 at 22:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie138
okay - error trapping when you're play testing : how do you do it?

i'm messing about w/ the editor, mostly just reading events and stuff, seeing how things work etc, but i've tried the odd alteration, like adding characters and buildings, just to get a feel. (this is in the Mogadishu Mile mission, BTW)
one of the things i did, because i thought it would be amusing to do so, was change my teammates from Delta operatives to Large Crocodiles (tell me who hasn't done THAT one!). the game starts, the crocs appear w/ me adn then wander off up the street. the prob i've got tho, is a few seconds into the game, it ends w/ the message "freindly forces have been destroyed" type thing. given that there's only been a few seconds play and no one's died, i was wondering if there's some error-trapping routine or trick i can use to see which event is triggering this (a few in the list trigger a Red win/Kill SSN type thing, but none seem to apply to my Delta Crocs).

cheers!

If you have an event triggering a red win when Group X is destroyed, but forget to assign any AI or vehicles to Group X, the game considers Group X destroyed and red wins.

Not sure, but if you change all of Group X to Group Y, that might do it, too. (Edit: It will.)

And a proximty .wav trigger? Maybe this:

if lt baddist 10 and elapse 10 then
ss2ssn ss_vx_esomali_b badssn
endif

This will make any bad guy within 10 meters of you yell something in Somali every 10 seconds. At least I think it will, I'll test it in a minute.

Edit: Yeah, that .wac event above works pretty well. Play around with it a bit.

Wolfie138
Private

[*] posted on 19-5-08 at 18:02

many thanks for the info Baldo, missed this post cos i've been messing about on other things. i'll give this a shot when i get my current mission sorted.

Wolfie138
Private

[*] posted on 29-5-08 at 16:06
Placing Emp Cannons

Hi all.

has anyone had probs placing emplaced cannons? for some reason, mine isn't facing the right way.
i've places a sandbag crescent w/ an emp cannon in it, facing 191. i've stuck a rebel there, facing the same, put the Advanced Ammo option on him. he's part of a group marked Blind, that gets not-blinded and Red Alerted when i hit an area trigger. thing is, by the time i get to the area where he is, i can see through my scope that he's facing almost 180 degrees the wrong way, has his back to me, and therefore is pointless as a guard!
anyone know what's making him point away from the heading i give him?

TIA.

Go To Top