Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Portal Portal   Search the forums Search   Frequently Asked Questions FAQ   View member list Member List   Staff Staff List   View Topic Activity Topic Activity   Forum Stats Stats   Board Rules Board Rules   Downloads Downloads
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Server Issue: Players loose health in NILE maps
Eagle_Eye
Owner/Admin

Mood: Grey, not stupid!

[*] posted on 12-3-08 at 16:51
Server Issue: Players loose health in NILE maps

If a Players loose health in NILE maps for no reason, and it's seems to be random, or hasn't happened before..

Answer:

Change the rotation of the missions..

If you have served a MED created map, that has Area Triggers that take away health, then the next map is a NILE map, those area triggers still exist, and are NOT cleared when the mission starts.

So players will seem to loose health for no reason..

Any Med Mission that makes you loose health must be followed by a map that does NOT loose health, then the area triggers will reset.

So, be careful of the mission order on your server.

EE

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Tac
Private

Mood: Sleep Walking

[*] posted on 13-3-08 at 09:12

I never use Nile so this tip is of little value to me however I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all the things that have been of great value to me! I have learned more about map making from you, and a few others, but mainly you over the past 8 months than I learned in the past 5 years and if anyone thinks my maps are any good at all it is a direct result of you and the awesome group of members at this site! Donít be fooled by the fact I donít log on very often. I can read the forums without logging in and I have spent hours reading. I canít tell you how many times I have been stunned by the things I have read here.
Thank You Eagle Eye
For running this web site
For helping anyone who asks
For freely sharing that which must have taken a long time to learn
TYVVM
Tac
PS I was going to PM you and thank you but when I saw this newest tip post I thought a public thank you was and is much more appropriate.
Lioness29
Sergeant

Mood: Struggling to relearn map making :(

[*] posted on 13-3-08 at 10:57

I would like to say that I wholeheartedly agree with everything Tac said about this forum and its' members.

If you ever need any help with anything, there is always somebody on here willing to give you the help you need.

I know I've said this before but I still think this is the best forum that I have ever been a member of and the members are fantastic, and I'm still here supporting DFReload and intend to carry on doing so :)

http://www.dfreload.com/sigs/sig/1196842167.jpg

http://www.dfreload.com/pics/dfrmaps.gif
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Slayerdfx
Private

Mood: Just Chilling

[*] posted on 14-3-08 at 05:57

I totaly agree with Lioness and Tac

These are the best forums i have ever signed up to and i think the comunuty here is AMAZING!
I dont know how i could live without this forum and its members...This makes me sound abit wiered, but i dont think i could live without them!

We all owe you so much ealge!

Thank You!!!

Slayer!

ImageGaming.Com > Looking For Staff
Free advertising for Clans > ImageGaming.Com
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
CybeR_SoldieR
Private

Mood: Dont give a crap!

thumbup.gif posted on 14-3-08 at 09:05

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle_Eye
If a Players loose health in NILE maps for no reason, and it's seems to be random, or hasn't happened before..

Answer:

Change the rotation of the missions..

If you have served a MED created map, that has Area Triggers that take away health, then the next map is a NILE map, those area triggers still exist, and are NOT cleared when the mission starts.

So players will seem to loose health for no reason..

Any Med Mission that makes you loose health must be followed by a map that does NOT loose health, then the area triggers will reset.

So, be careful of the mission order on your server.

EE

Only a true nova addict could of solved that EE, good work!
Dito on the other 3 comment and thanks for taken the time to keep the server running (its keeping me and snibs of the streets lol) and for the great site and for all the other god like stuff ya do.

Cheer m8:R

Go To Top